Tuesday, October 6, 2009

25 Days Until NaNoWriMo

Wow. I haven't posted in a LONG time. I apologize for my failure. :)

In the time since my last post, nothing much has happened. I've been working off-and-on on my historical fiction novel, which has now been named "Graceful Margaret" for the time being. It's a lot harder to write historical fiction than I had thought it would be. My attempts at historical fiction when I was a kid mostly consisted of using ideas and information from other things I had heard. Now that I'm older and have become something of a perfectionist sometimes when it comes to my writing, I feel a desperate need to be accurate in my storytelling.

Anyway, in case you're wondering what the title of this post is all about, I shall tell you. NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month (www.nanowrimo.org). If you don't know what this is...shame on you! NaNo takes place during the 30 days of November and you "win" if you write a 50,000 word novel during those 30 days. This will be my 6th year of participating and, I'm hoping, my first year of winning. That's right...I've never finished. However, this year I won't have the distraction of school going against me.

Needless to say, I'm VERY excited for November to get here. I plan to document the countdown to November and then my time writing in November here. Probably not every day, but I'll try to keep this somewhat updated.

Current status: I have a novel idea for NaNo, a title, and a list of characters that will inevitably grow a LOT come a couple weeks into November. I can't wait to get started and see how this goes this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment