Friday, February 4, 2011

Where has January gone???

No...really. I think I missed it entirely.

This happens to me almost every month. Halfway through, everyone around me starts talking about how the month is flying by. I scoff. I claim the month is NOT flying by. And, yet, at some point I blink and we're in a new month.

And then I realize, once again, my epic failure of posting here on a regular basis.

*sigh*

Truth is, my life has been eaten by revisions. I'm trying to revise two things at once. Sound crazy? Yeah, it kind of is. Especially since I'm also trying to write a first draft of something else. And I'm trying to do this collaborative project with one of my friends. And I'm trying not to jump off a bridge.

And, of course, on top of all this, my reading list has gotten ridiculous.

I'm not even going to try to list everything I've read over the past few weeks. The "reserve" button on my library's website has been calling to me since mid-January and, of course, all of these books I put on reserve came in at the SAME TIME.

And as I'm reading those, I hear about other shiny books. It's a never-ending cycle, my friends.

At the rate I'm going, I'm not going to need to hunt for reading material until NEXT January. Which is fine, except that in the summer I need to re-read the Harry Potter series (in preparation for the last hoorah of the last movie coming out) and then I need to re-read the first two books in the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy (in preparation for the third book coming out) and then I need to re-read the first two books of The Hollow trilogy (also in preparation of the final installment being released).

Yes, so revisions and reading. That's what I've been doing.

In the little free time I've given myself from all of that, I've also joined a local writing critique group. I'm really excited, because I missed having this kind of interaction with fellow writers. We have a blog. You can find it here.

I've also been Irish Dancing my little butt off. St. Patrick's Day approaches, which means the performance season for us. Pretty much as soon as St. Patrick's stuff is over, our teacher has us getting ready for the Dublin Irish Festival in August. Yes, we start preparing for that in April. No, that's not actually all that early, especially when our teacher has been known to mention in at the very first class of the "school year" (which is always a month after DIF).

My other exciting thing is that I've joined the staff of the Harry Potter Alliance as part of their Web Team. I'm super psyched, and it's doubly exciting because the week I joined we launched the next "Horcrux" in our Deathly Hallows Campaign.

Hopefully, all things are going well with all of you! One person commented on my last post with an "award" -- which I hope to respond to next time, when I'm not so tired. I swear I didn't forget! Remember those revisions? Yup. My soul has been nommed.

No comments:

Post a Comment