Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Life Transitions

My childhood is all ending this month. Essentially.

I said goodbye to Harry Potter last week. It was emotional. And I know it's not forever. I'm sure I'll see the movie many more times before it leaves theatres, plus there's the DVD to look forward to, and I'm already counting down to Pottermore. Harry will always be a part of my life, but, regardless, an era has ended. A new era for the Harry Potter fandom has started. Tears were shed.

This weekend I say goodbye to my parents. Kind of. I'm moving out of my parents' house permanently. I'm going into a townhouse apartment with two of my best friends. I'll actually be living in the real world...paying rent and all that. It's overwhelming and stressful and I haven't finished packing yet.

The moral of this story is: I'm sorry I haven't posted on here in a while. I intended to get back on my blog schedule this week, but what with the stresses of getting ready to move and the additional stresses that come with Dublin Irish Festival being only a couple of weeks away, I haven't had the chance.

So I figure...next week I'll start back on my blog schedule. Moving means I'm getting more serious about a few things, because I'm using it as a benchmark. Getting serious about my diet again. Getting serious about revisions again. Getting serious about this blog, and a possible new vlog project, and other...exciting things that I can't really talk about yet, but (shocker) have to do with Harry Potter.

This has been a month of changes for me. I think I'll have a lot to say as I learn in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment