Wednesday, July 14, 2010

TDTL Day 29: The Person You Want to Tell Everything To, But Are Too Afraid To

Dear Person I Want to Tell Everything To,

There's something to be said for fear. Fear means hesitance. I think we're all afraid to say what we really think, because we don't want to hurt you (or, perhaps, we don't want to hurt ourselves, as the case may be). The sad thing is that you really don't notice anything. In all of this, you're pretty much blissfully unaware.

This makes it particularly difficult. Maybe if you truly noticed something, then I could really talk to you about it, because I wouldn't be so afraid of hurting you. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to be the one who tells you the truth, the one who breaks the illusion. But out of all of us, I'm one of the ones most likely to want to clue you in. Which is quite the burden to bear.

Maybe someday down the road, I'll tell you. But for now, I like you best when you're unaware of all this. There's slightly less drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment