Friday, October 28, 2011

T-minus 2 Days to NaNoWriMo 2011

I love this time of year. NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. This is really my writerly Christmas. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (with a side of insane).

This will be my eighth year. EIGHT YEARS! I can't even believe it. My first year was the November of my senior year of high school. I can't even wrap my head around that fact. I didn't win until 2009, though. Then again last year. I'm hoping this will be the third year in a row I cross the 50k finish line.

In preparation for NaNo, I've been doing a few things...

1. I've picked out a general plot, the names of my two main characters, and a title. I was starting to panic for a little while at the beginning of October, because I couldn't think of anything. AND THEN IT HIT ME! And there was much rejoicing.

2. I've created a NaNoWriMo 2011 playlist.

3. I'm going to my region's kick-off party on Sunday!

4. I've warned the friends that didn't already know that I do this that I'm going to do this. They needed warning. Querying and doing NaNoWriMo at the same time. My stress level is going to be nuts.

5. I've set a goal to finish my current first draft before November 1. I set this goal today. That gives me three days. HA! We'll see how that goes.

So, all in all, I'm psyched. I'll try to keep this blog updated throughout my NaNoWriMo journey.

1 comment:

  1. "Warm and fuzzy with a side of insane"...I feel like this accurately describes large portions of my life. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete